Publications from SYBHEL
Calladine, A; ter Meulen R. (2010) Synthetic biology & human health: some initial thoughts on the ethical questions and how we ought to approach them. Law Hum Genome Rev; (32):119-41
The Conception of Life in Synthetic Biology Sci Eng Ethics. 2011 Published online April 12
Scientific Knowledge Leads to Moral Responsibilities – Case Study Synthetic Biology Anna Deplazes-Zemp, Sebastian Leidel
In: Moira Cockell, Jérôme Billotte, Frédéric Darbellay, Francis Waldvogel (Eds.) 2011. Common Knowledge, The challenge of Transdisciplinarity. EPFL Press, 61-72
SYNTHETIC BIOLOGY :A joint report by the the Spanish Bioethics Committee and the Portuguese National Ethics Council for the Life Sciences
Publications from SYBHEL workshop participants;
Zwart H (2011) On decoding and rewriting genomes: a psychoanalytical reading of a scientific revolution Medicine, Health Care and Philosophy
Publications from other organisations:
- UK Royal Academy of Engineering Report: “Synthetic Biology: Scope, Applications and Implications.”
- The United Kingdom’s Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Resarch Council commissioned a report into the ethical and social issues in SynBio. This report was published in June 2008. Click here for the website for this report
- A short briefing published by the UK Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (POST). Available here.
- The EGE met in Brussels on 19 May 2009 to discuss Synthetic Biology. Click here for a report on the proceedings.
- The Systems and Synthetic Biology journal has recently published a special issue on social aspects of SynBio. Click here for access.
- The December 2009 issues of the Nature Biotechnology Journal published an issue focusing on Synthetic Biology. Click here for access.